SEO is the short form of Search Engine Optimisation that is a process of improving positions in organic, non-paid search results. So the more popular the website is, the more people will be able to see it. This is an essential marketing strategy and a growing industry. SEO entails a lot of creative, analytical and technical work. While there are many ways to go about it, the core aim remains the same - to be among the prominent results in real-time searches.
For this, your website has to cater to the needs of your audiences through quality content which should be well optimized as well and good enough to be linked to other websites.
There are several factors to this. Search engines create an order based on various ranking algorithms. For example, Google uses more than 200 ranking factors such as quality content, backlinks, etc. however, it isn't possible to know all of their ranking factors.
SEO improves your rankings in the search engine results page (SERP). Higher rankings mean higher traffic. To succeed with your website, you need to do SEO.
The core components that you must keep in mind are:
1. In order to figure this out, you must dwell deep and analyse the most popular way people search for your business.
2. Start by doing a Google search for one of the words or phrases from your provided content.
3. It doesn’t matter how the phrase is formed as you will be able to get the desired result if you have optimised your title tags to match the search for your SEO.
4. Take a look at Google autocomplete results - Go to Google and begin typing a query in the search box without pressing Enter. Google will immediately suggest some additional search terms that people have used.
5. Find out what topics are popular and engaging in your field and create content related to those topics.
6. In order to understand how people are talking about the niche you’re working in. You could observe feedback on places such as - forums, Quora/Reddit, Facebook/LinkedIn groups or websites/SNS with a large number of visitors and user‐generated content can also serve as a source of inspiration and keyword ideas.
7. Most people focus on just search volume and keyword difficulty when doing keyword research. However, try to figure out search traffic potential for each keyword.
On-page optimization is the next step in your SEO development strategy. Even targeting the most popular keyword with quality content will not be sufficient if your pages are not optimized for search engines. Learn about the Easy Steps to SEO.
There are 3 main types of searches people make :
Navigational: People look for a specific website
Informational: People look to learn more for a specific topic
Transactional: People look to purchase a specific product/service
However it the search intent of the consumer isn't always clear from the query itself. The best way to understand the intent behind any search term is to see what pages rank for it.
The web address of your page is what informs search engines about its topic. Therefore, a site's URL should be as simple as possible.
Organize your content in a way such as to ensure that the URL structure is more logical and descriptive of the content.
While the meta title tag does not appear anywhere on the page, it sets the name of the browser tab which is used by search engines when showing the page in search results.
Meta descriptions are also important, mainly because they can affect the click-through rate.
Use the standard HTML format for headers for search engines to understand the structure of your page and the importance of each section.
Keep your header and subheader structure systemized. Following an organized structure makes it easy for search engines to categorize your content and also easy to assess for the reader also.
To help search engines understand the images in your content, you should use the ALT tag to describe and explain them.
It has been observed that majorly people leave websites that take more than 3 seconds to load. Make sure that you have tools to ensure that your websites run effortlessly and load as quickly as possible.
To have more traffic onto your page, it's best to optimize it in a way that makes it mobile-friendly. Besides, more than 60% of searches are from mobile devices which makes it all the more essential to do so.
HTTPS is officially one of the ranking signals Google uses. Not using an SSL certificate can lead to a security issue especially if you're running an e-commerce site or accepting form submissions.
A sitemap is an XML file that lists all the pages on your site.
Search engines use it to locate your content and understand how your pages connect to determine the overall structure of your website.
Sitemaps do not affect rankings directly, however, they let search engines find and index new pages on your websites faster.
Link building is vital for the success of your SEO strategy. You need to promote and generate links that cater to your content.
Backlinks are one of the prominent factors that hold a major role when it comes to Google's ranking algorithm.
This is an essential step in your SEO strategy. You need to figure out how you'll track your performance.
You can view your organic traffic on Google Analytics by going to:
Track your SEO rankings on Google Search Console where you can find data about the average position, impressions, and clicks you get for various keywords.
By putting in consistent efforts in optimizing your website by developing your SEO strategy, it will enable you to get more traffic.
This is what will help you build up the authority of your site and you will be able to rank for more competitive keywords with high search volumes.